For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.
Q: My hair has SO much static!!! How can I fix this??
A: There are lots of ways to control static, such as using an ionic blowdryer, metal combs instead of plastic, using a comb instead of a brush (to reduce friction), and using a humidifier in your home. Dry hair tends to get more static, be sure to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (like Davines Love Smoothing), followed by Oi Oil before you blowdry. Applying a finishing product to tame your flyaways, our favorite is Davines Shine Wax and then a spritz of hairspray. You will achieve a shiny, soft, static-free style
Q: What is the best way to wash my hair?
A: In order to get the best result every time you shampoo, here are a few tips!
1. Brush your hair before you get in the shower, this will loosen any dirt, debris and oil, making it easier for your shampoo to do its job.
2. If you are going a few days between washing, start with Davines Solu Shampoo, this will take off the first layer of dirt, oil and product (especially dry shampoo!). It’s important to use a shampoo and conditioner specific to your hair type, to find one that gives the moisture your hair needs without being too heavy.
3. Thoroughly wet your hair and apply enough shampoo to distribute through your hair, without wasting product. This will be easier if you rub it in your hands before putting it on your head.
4. Scrub scrub scrub your scalp!! Making sure to cover your whole scalp, especially the nape of your neck and crown of your head, where most people tend to sweat more.
5. Rinse thoroughly and squeeze the excess moisture out of your hair, to allow the conditioner work fully.
6. Apply conditioner to your lengths and ends, allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes, or longer depending on the product instructions.
7. Rinse the conditioner well, left over conditioner can weigh your hair down and make it feel unclean.
8. Gently towel dry, then style your hair as usual.
If you have any questions about what shampoo, conditioner or styling products are best for your hair, please stop by the salon!
Q. I want to grow my hair out, what is the best/fastest way?
A. It’s important to make sure you are still getting regular trims to take off split ends to prevent further splitting and damage. As well, you need to use a quality shampoo and condition, such as Davines Melu (designed for long hair, to prevent breakage) combined with a deep conditioning treatment every other week (such as Nounou Pak). Be gentle with your hair by reducing your heat styling and make sure to use Melu Heat Shield when you do flat iron or curl your hair, this will decrease damage and get you those long beautiful locks you’re dreaming of!